Your salon experience will be different to how you remember it for the benefit of every one of our clients and team members. But rest assured the quality of our service will be as great as you remember it.
We pride ourselves on being an approachable and friendly salon, and it pains us to have to install such strict measures, but we must follow the guidance to ensure we keep our clients and staff safe at all times.
Below we have outlined all of the safety measures and procedures we have implemented but please note, official guidance has not yet been released so the following measures are subject to change.
- We will be offering extending opening hours to accommodate all our clients. We will be in touch to arrange a convenient appointment time for those on our waiting list.
- Until we know the official opening date we are not able to make any appointments. Should you wish to be added to our waiting list please call 020 8650 2252 or message us on Facebook.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer any walk-in appointments. All clients must book over the phone prior to attending the salon.
- Numerous safety measures have been installed at the salon including a hand sanitising station and reception counter screen.
- All of our team will be wearing disposable aprons which will be replaced after each appointment. They will also be wearing protective masks at all times, along with face screens during your hair wash.
- Gloves will also be worn whenever possible.
- We will be providing disposable gowns for each of our clients.
PREPARING FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We would ask that if you have any symptoms in the14 days leading up to your appointment, then please do not attend your appointment and notify us in advance. We will arrange another date once you are clear of these symptoms.
- All clients will undergo a temperature check on arrival at the salon. If you are showing signs of a temperature over 37.8 degrees, we will not be able to progress with your appointment for the safety and wellbeing of other clients and our staff.
- Please bring your own protective face mask which should be worn throughout your time at the salon. All clients must wear a mask to enter the salon.
- Please bring a bag with you in order to store your jackets/coats/umbrellas, we will be unable to handle these at this time.
ARRIVING AT THE SALON
- You will be required to attend your appointment wearing a mask and to keep this on throughout your visit.
- The salon door will be locked upon arrival, this ensures that we adhere to social distancing guidelines within the salon by admitting a limited number of clients at any one time. There will be no designated waiting area.
- Please wait outside the salon and keep 2 metres distance from any other clients waiting to enter the salon. All stylists will be required to thoroughly clean and sanitise their stations after every appointment so please be patient while they do this. We will invite you into the salon once it is safe to do so.
- Please attend your appointment on time and alone.
- Please do not bring babies, children or pets with you to your appointment.
- Upon entry to the salon, please use the sanitising station provided.
- You will be directed to your allocated station for your appointment. We are ensuring a minimum of 1 metre distance between each station, with screens in between for extra protection.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If you wish to use our washroom, please alert your stylist or assistant.
- We will not be offering magazines, so please bring your own reading material. We will be happy to share our WiFi with you, please ask your stylist for details.
- Hot beverages cannot be served but we will still be able to provide drinking water, this will be served in disposable cups.
- You will be wearing a disposable gown at all times throughout your appointment.
- Freshly cleaned towels will be used for each client. All towels will be washed on a 60degree cycle after use.
- We will ask you to pay for your treatment in a designated area.
- Please pay by card if possible.
- All team members will be temperature checked before their shift.
- Every member of the team will wear a mask at all times.
- Gloves will be worn as much as possible and changed after each appointment.
- Each stylist will wash and sanitise their hands regularly throughout each appointment.
- All staff will be wearing disposable aprons which will be replaced after each appointment.
SANITISING AND CLEANING
- All parts of your chair, station and you stylists’ tools will be sanitised after every appointment.
- Every active station will be at least 1 metre from other station, with screens in between.
- Disposable towels will be provided in the washroom. Please dispose of these in the bin provided which will be regularly emptied.
- Washroom facilities are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- The card payment machine will be sanitised after every use.
- Every station will have hand sanitiser available for you to use as frequently as you require.
LOYALTY SCHEME& DISCOUNTS
Due to recent events and the unpredictability of how this virus will affect things going forward, we will unfortunately be pausing our loyalty scheme and promotions until further notice.
As we are sure you can appreciate, the new safety measures together with not being able to trade at regular capacity has and will continue to be costly to our business. With this in mind, there will be a slight increase in our prices. Please visit our pricing page for more information.
If you have any questions about our service or these new processes, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We thank you for your understanding and patience through these challenging times. We look forward to welcoming you through our salon doors very soon.
Stay safe and well, from all of us at Hairdressing Gallery.